Thursday, September 11, 2014

Zoo Fun Day | September Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone! It's Robbie today to share my take on the cute 2 page sketch. I'm another one who doesn't do many 2 page layouts anymore. I find that I don't have enough photos of most things to support 2 pages. What I do love about 2 page layouts is that there is more opportunity to share the story of the photos. On my layout, I used 5 photos instead of 7 photos, but even without journaling, you can clearly see what was going on in this trip to the zoo.

Hello Zoo Fun Day Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design using the September Scrapbook Sketch By now, you know that I like the little details that make up a page. The linear look of the sketch left me lots of space to add my own touches. Simple punched border strips added a bit of flair around the basic squares and bordered the set of photos without taking away from them.

Hello Zoo Fun Day Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design using the September Scrapbook Sketch I also added some long stitches along the edges. To make sure that my larger pictures really popped, I raised them up with some cardboard glued to the back.

Hello Zoo Fun Day Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design using the September Scrapbook Sketch In the sketch photo, there were both larger and smaller flowers. For my layout, I felt that the larger flowers that I tried were taking away from my photos and throwing off the balance of my layout. I chose to use all small flowers to accent my layout and leave the focus where it should be, on the photos.

Hello Zoo Fun Day Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design using the September Scrapbook Sketch For the title work, I mixed both alphabet letters and a sticker. I love to mix up different elements and the 3 Birds Stickers give so many options! The other thing that I wanted to try to show with this close-up is the way I altered the height of the photos. As I said before, I raised the larger photos with cardboard. As my layout came together, I realized that I had all the height on the page at each end. Raising one of the smaller one's brought back the balance.

Hello Zoo Fun Day Scrapbook Page by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds Design using the September Scrapbook Sketch Thanks so much for taking a peek at my take on this month's sketch! Hope that you will share any pages your make with the sketch with us!
Robbie

SUPPLIES | Midday Medley Paper Collection, Sticker Flair Kit, Pearlescent and Foil Goodie Box

3 comments:

  1. This Layout is breathtaking!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] by… ME! Seriously, why not stretch an idea even further? Recently, I made a two page layout (Zoo Fun Day) for the 3 Birds Design Studio blog and I was really happy with the color combination that I ended […]

    ReplyDelete