Monday, September 15, 2014

Super Cool Dude

Hey 3Birds Fans! Chasity here today to share a sample layout I made for the September HSN show featuring the Midday Medley Collection. I am super excited to share this Super Cool Dude with you for 2 reasons; 1: With having 2 girls, I NEVER get to make boy pages, and I loved having the opportunity to with this super cute guy! 2: To show how versatile the Midday Medley Collection is for both feminine and masculine layouts and projects! I often am drawn to feminine papers and products, the florals and soft pinks... ahhhhhhh, my happy! So venturing outside of my comfort zone was a little scary, but I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was with our collections! This is one of the few masculine layouts I've created, and I think it's definitely something I want to do more of!

Super Cool Dude By Chasity Sivanick for #3birdsdesign #middaymedley #scrapbookpage

For this layout, I used many of the products from the Midday Medley Collection, and was thankful to have products within the collection that match perfectly! I like to grab all the products I am confident will work well together, then lay them around my workspace when I am creating a layout, that way I can grab from any of the products based on what I am trying to create. I like to keep all my options at my fingertips! (This is part of the reason my desk is perpetually a mess!)

My background papers are from the Midday Medley Paper Pack. I used the "Cherish" border sticker, and Alpha Letters from the Sicker Flair Mega Sticker Kit, to make my title along with sprinkling a few star stickers. "Life is an Adventure", and the "Celebrate" cards are from the "For All Seasons" Title Card Kit, which is one of my favorite kits we've done! The foil printing in these books of endless cards is simply beautiful! If you haven't picked these books up... I highly recommend them! You will be amazed how many cards you get, and how elegant and sophisticated the foil printing is! I trimmed out the "Life is an Adventure" hexagon from the card to add some interest, hey... you don't always have to stay square! The "All Boy" and Banner stickers are again from the Sticker Flair Kit. The "#SWAG" and Arrow stamp with die cut are from the Timeless Stamp Kit. Lastly, I added a few 3D Stickers from the Midday Medley 3D Embellishment Kit. I like to cluster embellishments into "groupings", and the more products I can you the better! I love variety. Oh, and I almost forgot! I also sprinkled a few "Goodie Box" embellishments to add a little more dimension.

Designer Tip | Try adding adhesive foam squares to some pieces when building a cluster of elements on a layout to change the height for added interest.

Thank you for taking time out of your day today to stop by and see what we are up to, I hope it inspires you to venture outside of your creative comfort zone and try something new!

SUPPLIES | Midday Medley Paper Pack, Sticker Flair Cardstock Sticker Kit, "For All Seasons" Title Card Kit, Timeless Stamps and Die Cut Kit, Midday Medley 3D Embellishment Kit, Pearlescent and Foil Goodie Box

1 comment: