Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Quick & Easy Cards & Tags Using Scraps

Hi everyone! It's Robbie today to share some cards and a tag inspired by... ME! Seriously, why not stretch an idea even further? Recently, I made a two page layout (Zoo Fun Day) for the 3 Birds Design Studio blog and I was really happy with the color combination that I ended up using. While it was all sitting on the table, I realized that I had a lot of scraps and all the supplies at my fingertips which led me to make a couple of quick cards and tag to have on hand.

Quick and Easy Cards and Tags by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds DesignIf you were to look back at my layout, you will notice that in addition to the paper and color choices, I also repeated a lot of the same techniques and elements that I used on the layouts. It really made these come together quickly.

Quick and Easy Cards and Tags by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds DesignThe colors that I used in the layout happened to really compliment kraft paper, too. I used a little pre-made kraft tag and added a kraft bag to the photo to show the whole set.

Quick and Easy Cards and Tags by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds DesignUsing the same doilies and stitching ideas that were on the layout worked nicely for the cards, too.

DESIGNER TIP | When stitching the doilies for cards, be sure to stitch them ahead of time and adhere them after. This will cut down on trying o cover the backside of your stitching on the inside of the card.

Quick and Easy Cards and Tags by Robbie Herring for 3 Birds DesignMore details that were copied from the original layout and used on the cards include the punched borders, the ribbons and even the same pearl goodies.

Remember next time you make a project you like to think about getting some cards or tags made to have on hand! It's always great, especially with the busy holiday season around the corner, to have these handy when you need them!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Robbie

SUPPLIES | Midday Medley Paper Collection, Sticker Flair Kit, Pearlescent and Foil Goodie Box

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!! Love the designs and color combinations :) ~Sophia

    ReplyDelete